People who have lost a significant amount of weight are usually overjoyed at their success. However, individuals who have lost 100 pounds or more can struggle with heavy folds of loose, hanging skin left behind as a reminder of their former self. Plastic surgery can correct this problem with a combination of specific procedures to address excess skin and fat, giving individuals a more contoured, fit appearance. Board-certified plastic surgeons, like Dr. Erick Sanchez, offer after weight loss surgery for patients to reshape certain areas like the abdomen, breasts, buttocks, and more.
Dr. Erick Sanchez is a surgical expert with body contouring after weight loss, helping patients in his hometown of Baton Rouge, LA. Men and women can turn to Sanchez Plastic Surgery to eliminate deflated, loose skin caused by dramatic weight loss. Body contouring with skin removal and tightening, even incorporating liposuction for fat removal, can tackle the common problems that plague individuals who have accomplished their weight loss goals. Read on to learn more about after weight loss surgery and the key areas that Dr. Sanchez can help.
Sagging skin can cause problems after weight loss
Some issues can arise when dealing with loose skin after weight loss, such as skin problems, limited mobility, and emotional distress. Loose, cumbersome folds of skin can limit a person’s ability to do specific exercises. Some men and women experience dermatological complications. Heavy folds of overlapping skin can become irritated with sores, which can become infected. Loose, excess skin after weight loss can also hurt a person’s self-confidence while making it challenging to find new clothes that fit properly. Plastic surgery procedures like liposuction, a tummy tuck, or a combination of after weight loss surgery procedures can eliminate these problems related to massive weight loss.
How can I tighten loose skin after weight loss?
Losing a significant amount of weight is an impressive accomplishment, but most individuals are left with sagging skin that can negatively impact a person’s quality of life. Skin stretched for an extended period, due to weight gain, causes the elastin fibers and collagen to be damaged. As a result, the skin is unable to conform to a person’s new shape after losing weight. The greater the weight loss, the more pronounced the loose skin will be, and no amount of exercising will make it tighten back up. After weight loss surgery is the cosmetic intervention to target different areas of the body and gives patients long-lasting results if they maintain their current weight.
Common areas for body contouring after weight loss
When the body loses fat, the skin may not conform to a person’s new shape after weight loss. Plastic surgery after weight loss can help with skin deformity or pockets of stubborn fat left behind. Working closely with a plastic surgeon, like Dr. Sanchez, involves assessing your areas of concern and devising a surgical plan to eliminate those after-weight loss issues. An upper body lift can address the breasts, arms, neck, and abdomen, while a lower body lift can treat the abdomen, buttocks, hips, and thighs. For most patients, the most common areas to struggle with are:
- Loose, flabby skin under the neck
- Sagging skin in the upper arms, also called “bat wings”
- Sagging breasts that have lost volume or shape due to weight loss
- Loose, sagging skin in the abdomen even pockets of stubborn fat
- Loose, sagging skin on the buttocks
- Sagging skin or excess fat in the thighs or hips
Five areas that can be improved with after weight loss surgery
Patients in the Baton Rouge area can work closely with Dr. Sanchez and choose what combination of cosmetic procedures or standalone options will achieve their aesthetic goals.
- Neck lift – to have a more defined neckline, liposuction can remove excess fat for more body contouring help if needed, while a neck lift can eliminate loose skin.
- Arm lift – liposuction is an excellent tool to remove any stubborn pockets of fat to create a thinner appearance if necessary, while an arm lift can eliminate loose skin or “bat wings.”
- Breast lift – is the most effective way to address sagging breasts that have lost volume due to weight loss. This procedure can reshape the breasts and reposition the nipple to a better location on the chest, even incorporate augmentation.
- Tummy tuck – is one of the most popular body contouring procedures to remove excess fat with liposuction when necessary and tighten loose abdominal muscles and skin to restore a new, smooth appearance in the midsection.
- Thigh lift – removes excess skin on the thigh and above the knee due to weight loss and often combines liposuction for further contouring to create a thinner appearance.
If you have achieved your weight loss goals, Dr. Sanchez will access and devise a surgical plan to address any skin tightening or fat removal help that you may need. Body contouring procedures can be life-changing for both men and women who have done the hard work of losing weight. After weight loss surgery can make it easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle, boost your self-esteem, and make let you enjoy your new body even more.
Do you need body contouring help after weight loss? Then we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Erick Sanchez of Sanchez Plastic Surgery in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Sanchez and his professional team offer the highest level of care by listening to your aesthetic needs, evaluating your case, and determining the right course of action to give you fantastic results with your after weight loss surgery. Call today.